Date: September 27, 2023
Duration: 1 HR

SPEAKER
Martin Kleppmann
Research Fellow, Technical University of Munich, Germany

Peter van Hardenberg
Research Director, Ink & Switch

Registration Link

Designing Event-Driven Systems (free O’Reilly book for ACM Members with Skills Bundle)
Domain Storytelling: A Collaborative, Visual, and Agile Way to Build Domain-Driven Software (free O’Reilly book for ACM Members with Skills Bundle)
Designing Data-Intensive Applications (free O’Reilly book for ACM Members with Skills Bundle)
Collaboration Software (free Percipio Video for ACM Members with Skills Bundle)
Cloud Computing Fundamentals: Cloud Concepts (free Pluralsight course for ACM Members with Skills Bundle)

2 Likes

Martin has provided the below additional resources that answer many of the questions that came up during the talk:

Dear Martin:

This is concerning an email that I received regarding a scheduled talk “Creating Local-First Collaboration Software with Automerge” on September 27, 2023.

Well, I am unable to keep up with the latest technology that you are presenting and have little idea about the topics you have mentioned in the agenda. I am a simple teacher in Minerals, Metals, and Mining Geostatistics at an Indian University and my projects deal with creating customized algorithms for estimation and stochastic simulation of metal grades on a 3-D spatial framework. At present, only a few students take an interest in Python scripting for converting those algorithms to plug-ins in proprietary software such as Isatis.neo (Geovariances, France) and VESTA (BioMedware, USA). Do you think that attending your webinar/talk would somehow lessen my problems? Or, would you like to suggest something else for me so that I don’t run out of wind?
Regards,
Parag J. Dutta, Ph.D.