Draft 2 Disclosure Policy discussion guide
This post describes how to use this site to discuss proposed ACM Disclosure Policy.
How to contribute
Start by reading the article and the policy in CACM. There is a thread for various sections of the policy. Please select the appropriate thread from the table of contents below to make comments and ask questions related to that section of the policy. Members of the Committee on Disclosure will respond to questions that are raised.
We are interested in knowing whether you support the section.
- If you do, be sure to comment that you like it and do not want it changed.
- If you think it could be made better, indicate how and rationale for the change. Provide wording for your proposed change.
- If you do not like it indicate how it could be made better and rationale for the change. Provide wording for the proposed change.
If you can, please contextualize your feedback. Let us know things like your
- computing subfield
- geographic country or region
- industry context (academic, industry research, government research, industry practice, consulting, etc.)
- where you are in your career (student, junior, mid-career, senior)
Table of contents
- Section 1 Preliminaries
- Section 2 Rules for disclosure in particular situations
- Section 2.1 No complaint filed
- Section 2.2 Complaint dismissed prior to investigation
- Section 2.3 Complaints under investigation
- Section 2.4 Complaints where no violation is found
- Section 2.5 Complaints resolved with a finding of a minor violation
- Section 2.6 Complaints resolved with a finding more serious than a minor violation
- Section 3 Reporting and reflecting
- General concerns and reflections
- Outside Expert Evaluations