Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming

Title: Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM ET
Duration: 1 hour

SPEAKER: Bertrand Meyer

Resources:
Webinar Registration Link (free)
“Agile Methods The Good, the Hype and the Ugly” (Free webinar with Bertrand Meyer)
“Agile Methods The Good, the Hype and the Ugly Part II” (Free webinar with Bertrand Meyer)
Agile!: The Good, the Hype and the Ugly (Book by Bertrand Meyer, free for ACM Members)
Concurrent and Parallel Programming Concepts (Free Video for ACM Members)
Python Parallel Programming Cookbook (Free Book for ACM Members)
Structured Parallel Programming (Free Book for ACM Members)
An Introduction to Parallel Programming (Free Book for ACM Members)
Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell (Free Book for ACM Members)
LEARNING PATH: Master Parallel & Concurrent Programming Using Python (Free Learning Path for ACM Members)
Concurrent Programming in Python (Free Video for ACM Members)
Learning Concurrent Programming in Scala (Free Book for ACM Members)

I hope I can post my question here. With OO being around some 30+ years, what can you say about its effect on quality of software written, or the future thereof in the emerging concurrent development and use? It there a clear trend visible?

Hello Dr. Meyer and the ACM team leading this webinar.

I’m working on a simulation intended to be a graph structure of objects connected by sockets in a cloud architecture. Our intent is to have subgraphs which operate asynchronously and in parallel to simply share information about state and allow migration of objects between subgraphs.

Do you have any thoughts on the parallel programming challenges that may occur with this kind of distributed graph of loosely coupled nodes? Our team is relying on Eiffel for this effort. Thanks - Brent Nolan